Sullia: Accidental contact with live wire - two workers loose lives

Daijiworld Media Network - Sullia (SP)

Sullia, May 16: In a heart rending incident which happened at Sunnamoole in Kanakamajalu village in the taluk on Tuesday May 15 afternoon, two workers died after accidentally coming in contact with high tension power line. The workers in question were planting electric poles for supporting 33 kv power line.

The deceased were Ganesh (30) from Swarna in Bantwal, and Alwyn (30), resident of Kukkaje village.

The work of laying 33 kv power line to Sullia is on. This work was being executed by Levin Electricals, Bantwal. With the help of a crane, the work of fixing the electric poles and cablles was in progress when a pole accidentally touched the cable. The two worker were instantly electrocuted, it is learnt.

Their bodies were shifted to the government hospital at Puttur.

Engineer of Mangaluru Electricity Supply Company Ltd, Harish, and other officials rushed to the spot and conducted verification. Sullia police too went to the area and registered a case. This happens to be the fourth incident in which workers have lost their lives at an average one life per year.