Puttur: SDPI president dies due to electric shock while installing banner

Daijiworld Media Network - Puttur (MS)

Puttur, Oct 11: In a tragic incident that occurred on the late night of Wednesday, October 10, at Darbe near here, Hamza Afnan, president of SDPI Puttur town, got electrocuted when the iron frame of the flex he was trying to install for the upcoming conference of SDPI activists, came in contact with an electric wire.

Hamza, along with other activists of SDPI was trying to tie the flex with an iron frame, near the petrol bunk at Darbe, for the Jatha Conference that is to be held on Friday, October 12.

The iron frame of the flex came in contact with the overhead electric wire and Hamza got the electric shock as he was holding the same. The other activists, who were with Hamza, escaped unhurt.

A case stands registered in the Puttur town police station in this regard