Mangaluru: Mescom worker electrocuted when installing new electric poles

Daijiworld Media Network - Mangaluru (SP)

Mangaluru, Dec 12: In an accident which happened at Madyaru within the jurisdiction of Mangalore Electricity Supply Company Ltd (Mescom)'s Kotekar section office, a worker engaged in installing new electric poles lost his life.

Ramesh Chalawadi (23), a resident of Dr Ambedkar Colony and native of Pattadakallu, Badami, lost his life in gruesome manner on Monday December 10. When working on installing of the new electric poles, he suffered electric shocks and fell down from atop a pole. He died instantly.

After new electric poles were planted on Monday evening, cross cables were being laid between the poles when Ramesh was electrocuted. In a case registered in Ullal police station in this connection, contractors, Levin Electricals Bantwal, Veera Electricals and Mescom staff have been blamed of negligence in connection with this accident.